Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer fun!

Yesterday was a busy day for us.  One of the many things we had to do was finding Ryan soccer shoes and shin guards. Of course the BX did not have them in his size. The kids and I headed down to Bitburg to find the sporting goods store.

Bitburg has a beautiful walkplatz. I love walking around the walkplatzs in all the different villages.  I could spend all day going in and out of the shops. I can't wait to until the Christmas markets start.

It is so neat to see all the different things that are them as well. The kids like being able to run around some and stopping at the backerie (bakery). As we where walking about to the van I noticed a fountain area I had not seen before.  It was a rather hot day yesterday. So I decided to take the kids over to the fountain and let them play.  Unlike the states, the Germans don't care if you play in the fountains. The kids had a blast and we where all able to cool off in the water.

Jackson was ready to run right into the water and wasted no time getting his shoes off. 

DSCN1123

Ryan climbed right on top of one the rocks.

DSCN1128

Of course Jackson had to do it after seeing Ryan do it.

DSCN1129

Ella was not sure about any of this. 

\DSCN1139

Maybe this isn't so bad after all!

DSCN1169

 

VSCN1179

Playing in the fountain was a great way to end a long hot day!

0 comments: