Sunday, July 27, 2008

Garten der Schmetterlinge & Burg Sayn

To pack or not to  unpack. That was the question of the day. We have spent everyday this week unpacking and getting the house put together. So since it was a nice day out, why waste it indoors unpacking? Mark decided we should head out to Kolbenz.  There is a butterfly garden near Koblenz, that I had read about and wanted to go to. We packed up and headed out.

The butterfly garden is in a neat little park that is near the Palace of Sayn. We all enjoyed the park. I could have spent all day in the garden watching the butterflies and taking pictures.

DSC_7660

DSC_7663

DSC_7667

DSC_7671

DSC_7695

Ryan checking out the cocoons.

DSC_7668

The Iguana chillin above us.

DSC_7686

I think 'Yertle the Turtle" must live here as well.

DSC_7688

Ella pointing out the fish

DSC_7697

This turtle scared the daylights out of Ella. It was out walking around and Mark touched it.  The turtle was not thrilled about that and took off.  Ella freaked out!

DSC_7711

DSC_7699

Check out the back legs of this turtle. Have you ever seen a turtle with such big legs?

DSC_7716

DSC_7713

 

After the garden we headed out to find Burg Sayn. I will admit I was not overly impressed with.  It did seem like there was a wedding or the reception about to take place in the nicer part.  We did not head into that area. 

DSC_7745

DSC_7748

DSC_7751

The view from the castle. I believe that is Koblenz.

DSC_7753

Looking up at the burg.

DSC_7766

After the Burg we headed off to IKEA to look around. There is not better way to end a day!

DSCN1119

1 comments:

Monkey Momma said...

Shannon, It looks like y'all are enjoying Germany! I miss it so much, I wish we were there with y'all!! Keep the pictures coming!