Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Metz, France

After we were done in Luxembourg, we decided to head over to France and go to Metz.  We really had no clue where we were going in Metz, so we headed for center of town.  I’ve learnt you can’t go wrong by going to the center of town.  There is always something going or something to see in the center of town.

Metz is a beautiful city, and had so much to see.  We only spent a  little bit of time there, but plan to go back soon.

 

DSC_8711

The Mosel River

DSC_8712

Jackson and Ryan playing in the fountain.

DSC_8713

DSC_8715

DSC_8719

French fashion.

DSC_8750

DSC_8744

 

In the center of Metz is the beautiful gothic Cathedral - St. Etienne. Mark and I were both amazed at all the detail and beauty of the Cathedral. I could have spent hours taking it all in and taking pictures. I wish I could have taken more pictures, but the battery was dying on the camera. This whole trip made me wish I had a fish eye lens for the camera and that I had brought my tripod with me. There are not many times you will hear me say that about the tripod.

DSC_8727

View from the road as we where walking up to the cathedral.

DSC_8746 

DSC_8753

DSC_8754

 

At the entrance to the cathedral.  I can’t believe I did not take a shot of the whole thing. There was just so much detail in this area that is was overwhelming. Truly amazing.

DSC_8756

DSC_8758

DSC_8775

DSC_8776

Once we entered the cathedral I was even more amazed at the beauty.  My pictures do not come anywhere close to showing  how beautiful it was.

One of the many stain glass windows.

DSC_8766

DSC_8771

DSC_8773

DSC_8769

DSC_8761

After the Cathedral we walked around a bit and then headed back to the van.  As we were walking up to the area we parked at a saw an old man sitting on a bench reading a book. It was the perfect picture.  I had to snap it quickly. I was not sure if he would get mad and I was scared to asked him to take his picture. Besides it might have taken away from the naturalness of the picture had he known I was going to do it.  Though it is not a “perfect” picture it is my favorite from the trip. It is very European to me. Like something out of a movie.

DSC_8783

1 comments:

DeeZee said...

Love the new background .. makes the photo and text so easy to see/read! Now update ;-)