Saturday, December 20, 2008

Durabond Girl!

Ella is my rough and tumble girl.  She very girly one minute and a tomboy the next.  She is always keeping up with the boys and doing whatever they are doing.

Right before Halloween, Ella and I had picked Jackson up from school.  I was bring in groceries while Ella and Jackson were coming up the walk.  They like to walk along the small wall beside our walk.  I was in the kitchen putting stuff away when I hear a cry.  I assumed Ella has fallen, but she had stopped crying quickly.  As she walks into the house I am greeted with a bleeding forehead.  Ella was completely calm when she came into the house.  She would not really let me mess with her head.  She just wanted to keep on playing. Once I got her head cleaned up I realized it was a pretty deep gash.  Luckily for us, I had an appointment at a clinic about an hour after the cut happen.  (Our clinic does not have an ER, so you have to go to a German ER to be seen). Ella and Jack went off to play while I was getting stuff ready to go.  Jackson came running down stairs without Ella. She came down a few minutes after he did.  He would not go near her and was freaking out!  She was still bleeding and he kept telling me it coming from her head!  He was freaked out over her head bleeding.

Her head had already started bruising, because she hit it so hard.

DSC_0012

At my appointment the doctor checked her and said she needed stitches or we could use Durabond. The choice was left up to me.  I did not think she would hold still for stitches, so we went with the dura-bond.  She did so great while they where putting it on.  She stayed very still and did not even cry.  Of course I started second guessing not getting stitches.

Here she is after being fixed up! DSC_0021

0 comments: